CHAPTER'S CONTINUING COMMITMENT TO PENN STATE STUDENTS
The Chester County Chapter is proud of our efforts to help students in financial need from Chester County who are attending Penn State. Here’s how we help:
- We are the first Alumni Chapter at Penn State to fully fund a Trustee Matching Scholarship Endowment. The first award of this Scholarship was in 2010. This scholarship is presented to two or more Chester County students in financial need attending any Penn State Campus.
- We have a fully funded Endowment at the Brandywine Campus. This replaces what was our Annual $1000 Award to one student in financial need at the Brandywine Campus. The current Brandywine Endowment, first issued in 2005, is awarded to one or more Chester County students in financial need attending the Brandywine Campus.
- Additionally, in 2014, the Chester County Chapter fully funded the Chester County Chapter Cultural Arts and Community Events Endowment at Penn State Great Valley. This endowment, in perpetuity, helps bring quality Cultural Arts and Community Events programming to the Campus. These programs are provided at no cost to those attending.
- $5 of everyone's membership dues goes directly to our Scholarship Fund.
- Additional tax deductible donations are given by individuals through the Chapter or directly to Penn State with a designation of the TMS, Brandywine or Cultural Arts Endowments. There is also a General Scholarship Fund to which monies can be donated directly to the Chapter.
- Proceeds from some of our events are designated as benefiting our Scholarship Fund.